Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Camp Sherman

The amazing Orange County Girl Scout summer camp called Camp Sherman is literally the-best camp I ever went to. There were so much activities, like swamping, canoeing, swimming, gardening, rock climbing, horseback riding, ect., ect, and not to mention the food! It wasn't camp-mush-food that you think of, like dry cake or uncooked eggs, it was really good! (Not just because we were really hungry.) But on to the cupcake part- On the last full day of camp, there was somthing called "all-camp-day".  My friend, Bre, and I chose our two sessions together. First, we went to the garden as The Singing Murderers. There were alot of weeds, and so we dug them up. (That's the "Murderers" part.) The person in charge told us that plants grew faster if music was playing. So Bre and I sang to the plants while we killed the weeds. It was fun! Next, we went to arts and crafts. There, we were given plastic mini ceral boxesto create something out of. All the people there made anuimals out of them, except me and Bre. We made- What you would think- Cupcakes. That's right- Cupcakes. (Of course) :)
Bre and her delightful little ceral cupcake

My pretty-mashed-up ceral cupcake

Swamping and canoeing

Horses

TORTISE!!!!!

Archery...

My crazy friend Anna took this picture of me some-what rock climbing

One of my most muchier counslers, Momo
(Can't wait to hear from ya...)

My camp group, Kitchiwani

Kitchiwani counselers- (from left) Osaka, Phenix (and her rainbow hat), Momo, Quakers (with the cowgirl hat), Seastar(withthe safari hat) Thing 2, Opal, and Roo

Have a Girl Scout in Orange County? Visit Camp Sherman at http://www.gscoc.org/girls-sub.aspx?id=5
or
Have a girl who wants to be a Girl Scout in Orange County? Go here! http://www.gscoc.org/index.aspx

2 comments:

  1. Keep up your love for cupcakes. One day they may pay your bills. I oughtta know, everything I had growing up came from the sale of cakes, cupcakes and anything related to them. It may be your calling... that being said, stay in school and then you will be able to pay someone else to make your cupcakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this camp so much!!! Thank you for bringing pubkisity to it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete